Thursday, September 11, 2014

Back to Back

Today was a busy review day for my Algebra I class before their first quiz tomorrow.  We started with "Problem Master" which is really my name for Kate Nowak's speed dating.  I can't use that name in middle school!  They had great success with the structure on the first time.  In one class, it was an absolute God-send because I was able to sit with a student who had missed the last two days and get her caught up on the lessons she'd missed in just a few short moments.  This time, students had to write the equation for a linear function.  The cards I used are linked in this post. 

Later in class, we did a "Back to Back" activity that I took from MissCalcul8.  Except, her activity is for finding midpoint.  Lucky for me, I could just swap out the directions and use everything else as-is.  I had the students either rearrange desks or sit on the floor back to back while they were solving so they couldn't see their partner's solution until they were done the question.  It was a fun structure that I'll use again. It was also the first time I got to use the clipboards from my redditgifts Santa.  Thanks mystery donor! 

What are your favorite review activities?

Mathematically yours,
Miss B



No comments:

Post a Comment