Friday, August 22, 2014

Quick tip for to-do lists

Do you ever feel like you have so many things to do in your classroom before the students arrive that you can't even begin to list them all in detail? I know I do. Add to that the feeling that each time I look up, I see something else that needs to be done, and I find myself overwhelmed. For me, school starts on Tuesday. I stayed late tonight but my principal insisted that those of us who stayed after he left leave together so no one was alone in the building. Everyone else was ready to go at 8:30 and I still had TONS to get done. Even writing a list would have taken too long. My solution? I stood in one spot, grabbed my cell phone, and recorded a video of the room while making a 360. Now, I can look at the 30 second clip on the weekend several times and make sure that I've done as much here at home as I can possibly do in order to make Monday as smooth as possible. So, if you don't have time to write a to-do list, make a to-do video. How do you make it easier to work from home? Mathematically yours, Miss B

1 comment:

  1. I did this too this year! How funny! Glad I am not the only crazy one! Hope you have a great start to your year!

    ReplyDelete