Friday, August 8, 2014

A busy day in August

I don't think I'm the only teacher who ramps up her activity level just prior to the beginning of the school year.  I have about one and a half weeks of vacation time before I have to report back to school.  My parents came for a short visit this week so we could visit and go to the beach, which is much closer to my house than to theirs.  They left around 9am today and I have been going non-stop for the last twelve hours, not my usual summer speed.  Let me recap.

I baked two batches of brownies, a batch of muffins, and a loaf of quick bread for two parties I'm attending on Sunday. 

I did two loads of laundry.

I made curtains for my new classroom's windows.  I'm so thrilled to have a classroom with windows to the outside world, but I also need curtains to block out potential distractions since my room doesn't have blinds installed.  Before making the curtains, I went to school to measure the windows (on the outside of the school, because the building is closed to teachers until the 18th.) 

I took my recycling to the recycling center.  (No curbside pick up in my town and we have to sort recyclables by type.  I'd love to enter the modern era on this.)

I found a new owner for an old side table I had and delivered it to her house.

I won about 5 levels of Diamond Digger Saga.  (Hey, a girl has to have SOME downtime!)
 
I researched houses for sale and got in touch with my Realtor to schedule a showing of one with some potential. 

I did a mani/pedi so I'll be dolled up for my cousin's wedding tomorrow.

And, I'm about to make three cards: one for the wedding I'm attending tomorrow and one for each of the parties I'm attending on Sunday. 

Shew!  It's crazy how busy I become when I feel summer slipping away.  Next week, I need to fit in a kayaking trip one day since I haven't been this season.  I'm also going to go through several boxes.  I'm on a continual quest to purge my house of things I don't need or want, especially since I'm trying to move to a new home. 

Do you find your level of activity changes during the summer?

Mathematically yours,
Miss B

No comments:

Post a Comment