Wednesday, January 30, 2013

If Barbie were as tall as me- Update

Over the past week, my students worked on the group portion of their Barbie proportion project.  Here are a few shots of the works in progress!  Please forgive the photo quality; I think I left the flash off. 



Now, students are beginning their letters to Mattel.  They're surprised I actually offered to mail them and they don't think the letters will really be read.  I am crossing my fingers that the good people at Mattel will reply (even with a form letter) so my kids can understand that their views matter and their correspondence is read.  Despite their disbelief in corporate American, I barely heard any grumbles from students about having to write in math class once they realized their letter was for more than just my eyes. 

I had a comment asking for the files I used.  Get them here.  If you make any modifications to suit your class or find these files useful, I'd love to hear about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment